Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 5

Today I woke up on the normal time for the weekend for my run and work out. It was the last day for the 3 mile run so I tried to make the best out of it haha. While on my run I stopped for a minute to stretch my legs and I came across this tree. When I started to look a little closer I noticed the beginnings of a bee hive. Now we all know how big those suckers can get, but I have never seen one just getting started.. Which made me realize that everything, even something as naturally complex as a bee hive, has to start somewhere. I know I'm not the biggest, strongest, most intelligent person in the world. But I'm getting started on a journey that I hope and know will make me into the man I want to be.

Today was actually a really fun day after I got back from working out. Auntie Aly and Uncle J planned a BBQ for us and some friends at their house,. So we spent most of the day cleaning up the backyard and making it look nice for company. Auntie Aly and the little munchkins prepared the burgers and everything else that was needed all afternoon, Auntie Aly made her famous cake which I will touch back on in a bit. After we got the cleaning done, we had to head over to Fort Story, so I got my first taste of a security clearance which was pretty fricken cool, still can't believe how real this is all becoming. We didn't do much there at Ft. Story but unload a touch table and put it in a trailer. I met Doug and Dave, who are both former Navy SEALS, which was absolutely surreal. One thing that I have noticed is that everyone that I have met so far you would never guess were in the military. Anyways, Doug and I had a talk about just general stuff I should know about the military and I definitely took that to heart and will keep it in mind when I do get in there. What was surprising to me was that when I told him I wanted to join the Navy in pursuit of Special Boats, he steered me away from that and towards AFSOC. Said if he could do it all over again, that's what he would do.

So once we got back to Jason's we did a few more things, just quick clean up and preparation for the night. It was pretty cool once everyone started showing up because it was like one big family. I met Boris, who is an awesome guy. Really funny and easy to have a conversation with. Told me to stay focused, and pursue what I have a passion for. The guy I'm really getting along with is Uncle J's best friend Jon. He is one of the coolest guys I've ever met and has some awesome stories. All in all it was a great night and I even got to meet a famous dog as you can see in the picture. But for lack of better words to describe tonight, it's going to be a rough morning haha goodnight everyone.

Bible Verse of the Day - Proverbs 23 : 2
Do not make friends with the hot-tempered, do not associate with those who are easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.

No comments:

Post a Comment